Tuesday 8 April 2014

Mad About Marilyn

I am so sorry it has been a while since the last post this is partly due to the fact I have been in a musical at my local theatre, and therefore out every night, but also Icon is taking me longer to get through than I anticipated, however I hope to complete that shortly in the meantime here is a review of the Mad About Marilyn Fan Club.

The club was formed in 2008, after the closure of the Marilyn Lives Society. I joined immediately and am happy to say that I have every issue so far.
The Newsletter does not have a specific publication date, however a £20 fee (for UK members £25 rest of the world) will get you 6 copes of the newsletter and a Marilyn card and gift on your birthday.

It is well worth joining Issue 29 which was recently sent out contained:

Recent News Items
A vintage news Article from 1954
Auction news
Information on a new Marilyn play that will open on April 10th in Boulder, Colorado
Book News
An article on Earl Wilson and his relationship to Marilyn and the photos he took of her
Part 3 of an article on Natasha Lytess
And lots of photos too 

And the best part as the photo below shows - in colour!!!! 



But that's not all...

There is also the Mad About Marilyn Mail Order Catalogue, usually sent out 4 times a year it contains many collectibles, books, posters and other items, so if you don't fancy getting into a bidding war the item you really want maybe in here.


Again the catalogue is in colour and all prices and postage is listed. I have bought items from it in the past and it is definitely worth while.

So you ask yourself, how do I get all this fabulous information??

Well all you need to do is Email Emma, who runs Mad About Marilyn club and mail order and she will give you the details

emmadowning@blueyonder.co.uk

I wholeheartedly recommend it

1 comment:

  1. Emma Downing Warren9 April 2014 at 13:27

    Thanks so much Andrea for your review! If anyone is interested in joining please do get in touch.

    ReplyDelete